Show Dates: March 27-29, 2023
Meeting Dates: March 26-29, 2023
1. ASSIGNMENT OF SPACE: Assignment of space will be made on a first-come, first-served
basis. The Human Factors and Ergonomics Society reserves the right of final decision and
the right to amend floor plans or relocate exhibits as necessary.
2. PAYMENT FOR SPACE: The rate per tabletop is $1,800. Payment in full must be made at the time space is reserved. In the event of withdrawal by February 25, 2023, all fees paid for exhibit space will be returned to the exhibitor less a $300 processing fee. In the event of withdrawal by March 11, 2023, all fees paid for exhibit space will be returned to the exhibitor less a $500 processing fee. Exhibitors who withdraw after March 11, 2023, are not eligible for any refund.
3. LIABILITY: Neither HFES nor its agents or representatives will be responsible for any injury, loss, or damage that may occur to the exhibitor or to the exhibitor's employees or property from any cause whatsoever. Under no circumstances will HFES be liable for lost profits or other incidental or consequential damages. HFES shall not be liable for failure to perform its obligations under this contract as a result of terrorism, strikes, riots, acts of God, or any other cause beyond its control. Anyone visiting, viewing, or otherwise participating in the exhibitor's exhibit is deemed to be the invitee or licensee of HFES. The rights of HFES under this contract shall not be deemed waived except as specifically stated in writing and signed by an authorized officer of HFES. This contract shall be governed by Washington, DC law.
4. INSURANCE: HFES shall provide guard service during the hours that the exhibit area is closed. In all cases, exhibitors wishing to insure their goods must do so at their own expense.
5. RESPONSIBILITY OF THE EXHIBITORS:
The exhibitor is responsible for damage to property. No signs or other articles may be attached to walls, doors, etc., in such a manner as to deface or damage them. Likewise, no attachments may be made to the floors by nails, screws, or any other device that would damage or mar them.
Exhibits must be self-contained on the table assigned, and no chairs or exhibit materials are to be placed outside the table area, nor set up in such a manner as to block any exits.
No exhibitor shall dismantle, in whole or in part, the display prior to the dismantling time specified by the HFES. Early teardown will result in a $500 penalty.
6. TABLETOPS: For tabletop exhibits, a 6' skirted table, two chairs, wastebasket, and an identification sign are provided without charge to the exhibitor. Any substitutions or special arrangements require prior approval by an HFES representative. Additional services related to electrical, audiovisual, or internet may be obtained at the exhibitor's expense. The order forms are included in the exhibitor packet, which will be sent to each exhibitor.
7. OBJECTIONABLE DISPLAYS: Displays shall not be obtrusive, noisy, or otherwise objectionable, nor shall they violate municipal, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations, including safety codes.
8. SHIPPING: Exhibit shipping instructions will be included in the exhibitor packet.
9. AGREEMENT ON CONDITIONS: Each exhibitor and employee agrees to abide by these conditions and by subsequent amendments and additions thereto; it being understood and agreed that the sole control of the exhibit hall rests with the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society.
10. HFES provides one full registration to each exhibiting company, as well as two exhibitor-only badges at no cost. Additional exhibitor-only badges may be purchased. There is a limit of two exhibit staff for a tabletop exhibit at any given time. Exhibit badges may be turned in at the meeting registration desk at the end of each day, and picked up by new exhibit staff the following morning.
Exhibitor shall not assign, sublet, or share the space allotted without the knowledge and written consent of HFES. Exhibitors must display only the goods manufactured or sold by them in their regular course of business, and as described in the contract. No firm or organization not assigned exhibit space will be permitted to solicit business within the exhibit area.
HFES reserves the right to restrict exhibits that, because of noise, method of operation, materials, or for any other reason, become objectionable, and also to prohibit or to remove any exhibit that, in the opinion of HFES, may detract from the general character of the exposition. This reservation includes persons, things, conduct, printed matter, and anything of a character that HFES determines is objectionable. In the event of such restriction or removal, HFES shall not be liable for any refunds or other exhibit expenses. The use of a sound system is not permissible.